- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
New York Mets
Latest New York Mets Items
After a ninth inning Wednesday night that Sean Burnett would rather forget, the Nationals left-hander had a little trouble sleeping.
When you're young, gifted and blocked, progress is measured in baby steps, often escaping notice. There are signposts that a historian will laugh at in retrospect, moments that eventually mean nothing in the arc of a career.
As Nationals Park baked under the afternoon sun Tuesday, Ryan Zimmerman took another step toward his return to the field.
Prosecutors have declined to file charges against former New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Lenny Dykstra after he was arrested on suspicion of trying to buy a stolen car, authorities said Tuesday.
Former major league baseball star Dwight Gooden has been sentenced to five years' probation after pleading guilty in New Jersey to child endangerment.
Former New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Lenny Dykstra was arrested for investigation of grand theft, a day after he was charged with a federal bankruptcy crime, authorities said Friday.
Brandon Inge hit a game-winning homer, then seemed to speak for many big leaguers when it came to Barry Bonds, drugs and the verdict for baseball's home run king.
Nationals utility man Alex Cora had never been released from a ballclub in 11 years as a major leaguer. Then it happened twice last year, by the New York Mets and Texas Rangers. He spent September watching games, waiting for a call and wondering if he was done.
There are perhaps no other three words in baseball that can have as strong an impact on a player as Tommy John surgery, a procedure that can sideline a pitcher for at least a year.