- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
New York Rangers
Latest New York Rangers Items
Alex Ovechkin will win the Rocket Richard trophy for the fourth time in seven years. Who will win the other awards?
The Capitals may need a strong start in October if they hope to be playing in mid-April.
They first faced elimination more than seven weeks ago when they lost their first three postseason games to San Jose, but followed up that landmark comeback with two more seven-game series victories.
Alec Martinez's goal lifts the Kings to the championship for the second time in three seasons.
News and notes on comebacks, memories of a rebellious MVP and a Stanley Cup blackout.
The Kings are the only team in the past six years to win a Stanley Cup on home ice.
The New York Rangers are still alive, but only because of Henrik Lundqvist and some well-positioned snow.
With the weary poise of a team that has already been through three seven-game series this spring, the Kings insisted they're not bothered by their inability to finish a sweep in New York. Mike Richards and the Kings calmly flew home, grabbed a few hours of sleep and focused on a good start to Game 5, figuring it will lead to the big finish.
The champagne the Los Angeles Kings had ready for a coronation stayed in boxes. The New York Rangers suddenly have some life in the Stanley Cup finals.