- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
New York Yankees
Latest New York Yankees Items
The Kansas City Royals acquired catcher Matt Treanor on Monday from the Texas Rangers for an undisclosed amount of cash.
"The Extra 2%: How Wall Street Strategies Took a Major League Baseball Team From Worst to First" (Ballantine Books, ESPN), by Jonah Keri. With some Americans still bitter toward Wall Street, this might not be the best time to write a book praising the wisdom of Wall Street strategies. But even if it's frustrating to read such a book, it's even more disappointing when the title fails to deliver on its promise.
The Washington Nationals traded hot-tempered outfielder Nyjer Morgan to the Milwaukee Brewers on Sunday for minor league infielder Cutter Dykstra and cash.
The New York Yankees completed their rotation Saturday, tabbing Ivan Nova and Freddy Garcia as starters and putting Bartolo Colon in the bullpen.
The Milwaukee Brewers have traded outfielder Chris Dickerson to the New York Yankees for right-hander Sergio Mitre in an effort to bolster their banged-up pitching staff.
Right-hander Kevin Millwood agreed Friday to a minor league contract with the New York Yankees.
A person familiar with the negotiations tells The Associated Press that right-hander Kevin Millwood has agreed to a minor league contract with the New York Yankees.
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Toronto right-hander Brandon Morrow will start the regular season on the disabled list because of inflammation in his forearm.