- WWII vet en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
Latest Newsweek Items
In between the photos of cute animals and the quotes from dead white guys, Facebook has become a blood sport — an environment in which people attack one another with a lack of civility I haven't seen since the Internet flame wars of the 1990s.
Years of newsroom cutbacks have had a demonstrable impact on the quality of digital, newspaper and television news and in how consumers view that work, a study released Monday found.
Joe Vornehm of Simpsonville, S.C., pulled out his ruler to count the number of column inches his local newspaper, the Gannett-owned Greenville News, had written about the budget impasse in Washington.
Tom Aspell covered almost every war fought in the past 40 years. He was the type of journalist we need to see more of. Unfortunately, we are seeing fewer.
What's a legend? In literature, it's a handed-down narrative that captures a culture. In mapmaking it's a table that explains the symbols, and in show business, it's Barbra Streisand. Even if her music is not your music -- or her politics your politics -- you should grant her legendary status.
With Jeff Zucker taking over at CNN, the network's managing editor says he is quitting.
The day abortion was legalized was a blockbuster for news.
It might be time for a serious gut check for sports journalism — and maybe for other journalists, too. The revelation by an online publication, Deadspin, about how numerous journalists helped spread a tragic and false story of the death of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o's "girlfriend" demands that gut check.
After being declared our first "Asian American," "female," "gay" and "Latino" president, President Obama has yet another title.