- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
Latest Newsweek Items
If Newsweek intended its latest cover story to spark conversation, it certainly got what it was looking for.
It has been a very rough patch for Our President, and I do believe it is going to get rougher still. Do not be surprised as the month goes on and August runs into September, that his campaign budget becomes tighter. President Obama is spending more money than he is raising. It will get worse.
Uh-oh: Mothers are vexed with the Democratic Party for its plan to "credential" infants at the Democratic National Convention next month in Charlotte, N.C., not to mention the lack of child care at the event.
David Rakoff (RAY'-kawf), an award-winning humorist, has died.
David Rakoff, an award-winning humorist whose cynical outlook on life and culture developed a loyal following of readers and radio listeners, has died after a long illness. He was 47.
Mitt Romney says that if he worried about what reporters thought of him, he wouldn't get much sleep.
The head of the company that owns Newsweek says the publication is examining its future as a weekly print magazine.
Americans bought fewer new homes in June after sales jumped to a two-year high in May. The steep decline suggests a weaker job market and slower growth could make the housing recovery uneven.
THE AMATEUR: BARACK OBAMA IN THE WHITE HOUSE