- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Nhl Club Items
Calgary Flames center Olli Jokinen has undergone surgery on a torn abdominal muscle.
The Boston Bruins have signed top draft pick Dougie Hamilton to a three-year contract.
At the NHL level, the Washington Capitals are seeking their first Stanley Cup. But their top minor league affiliate, the Hershey Bears, are used to the sweet taste of victory: They've won 11 Calder Cup championships in the American Hockey League, including three in the past six seasons.
Casino tax revenue would be used to help buy the Blue Jackets' home arena from Nationwide Realty Investors and Nationwide would become part-owner of the financially troubled team under a proposal announced Wednesday to help the city keep its NHL club and preserve economic activity in the area near the arena.