- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Nhl Deputy Items
The chance of averting an NHL lockout all but disappeared long before the midnight deadline Saturday, setting up the third major work stoppage of a major sports league in 18 months, following the NFL and NBA.
The NHL locked out its players at midnight Saturday, becoming the third major sports league to impose a work stoppage in the last 18 months.
The NHL and the players' association have resumed negotiations in an effort to avoid a lockout this weekend.
The NHL and the players' association will resume negotiations on Wednesday in an effort to avoid a lockout this weekend.
As hockey prepared for its first work stoppage since the 2004-05 season was wiped out, the NHL Players Association planned to challenge a lockout before the labor board in Quebec.
The NHL issued a new proposal to the players' association Tuesday as a lockout looms next month.
NEW YORK | The NHL and the NHL Players' Association are set to resume labor talks Wednesday at the league offices in New York.
Price is not holding up the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes, and it's premature to discuss a Plan B for the franchise's future, according to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
The NHL called off plans Friday to realign and adopt a modified playoff format next season after the players' association refused to agree to the changes.