- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Nhl
Quick news and notes from Tuesday's morning skate at Kettler Capitals Iceplex as the Caps [16-12-2] face the Lightning [17-10-2] at Verizon Center [7 p.m., CSN]:
The Capitals are looking to win their third in a row, while the Lightning attempt to turn things around.
With seven healthy defensemen, the Caps have sent Patrick Wey back to the Hershey Bears.
Adam Oates coached Marty St. Louis when they were both in Tampa. Does the Caps' Hall of Famer think St. Louis belongs in the Hall?
Should Shawn Thornton receive 10 games for slew footing Brooks Orpik and knocking him unconscious? More?
The Capitals are spending less time in the defensive zone this season, which is equating to more opportunities to score goals.
Rookie goalie Philipp Grubauer earned his first NHL victory as the Capitals moved three points ahead of the Rangers in the Metropolitan Division.
Braden Holtby has played in 24 of the Caps' 29 games this season. That's why Philipp Grubauer will be facing the Rangers tonight [7 p.m., CSN]
Nate Schmidt made his NHL debut this season after an injury to John Erskine, on Saturday he scored his first career goal.
Thanks to a strong showing from rookie goaltender Philipp Grubauer to go along with a three-goal second period, the Captials defeated the Rangers 4-1 at Madison Square Garden.
Instant analysis of the Capitals' 5-2 win over the Nashville Predators Saturday night at Verizon Center.
Marty Erat, Joel Ward and Matt Hendricks will all be facing their former teams tonight when the Predators visit the Capitals [7 p.m., CSN].
Karl Alzner and Nate Schmidt scored their first goals of the season and Alex Ovechkin, Troy Brouwer and Eric Fehr also found the back of the net as the Caps rolled over the Nashville Predators 5-2 for their third win in four games.
Karl Alzner scored his first-ever goal at Verizon Center, then challenged rookie Nate Schmidt to do the same.
Rookie defenseman Patrick Wey will make his NHL debut tonight when the Nashville Predators visit the Capitals at VerizonCenter [7 p.m. CSN].