- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Nhl Items
Dustin Penner saw plenty of ice time in his debut with the Capitals and played a role in Alex Ovechkin's power-play goal.
Markus Granlund's first NHL goal helped fellow rookie Joni Ortio record his first NHL win and the Calgary Flames beat the Ottawa Senators 4-1 on Wednesday night.
Capitals general manager George McPhee says he traded two disgruntled players for a pair of proven playoff performers.
Even if the next face of the franchise is in the building when the Dallas Stars retire Mike Modano's No. 9, any comparison will fall short.
Nicklas Lidstrom was the last person to speak at his Detroit Red Wings jersey-retirement ceremony.
CSN Washington's Chuck Gormley breaks down how the Capitals did on NHL trade deadline day.
Andrei Markov scored in the sixth round of the shootout, and the Montreal Canadiens beat the NHL-leading Anaheim Ducks 4-3 Wednesday night for their sixth victory in eight games.
A few moments after Kyle Palmieri's shootout attempt hit both Montreal posts and skittered along the goal line without going in, Andrei Markov's shot left no doubt about an impressive win for the Canadiens.