- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
Latest Nhl Items
Another group of former NHL players has joined the fight for compensation for head injuries they say they incurred while playing, while at the same time targeting the violence of the game that they believe brought about those injuries.
The NHL playoffs have arrived, which means it's time for the goalies to get going.
NHL draft lottery losers last year, the Florida Panthers had their number come up this year.
So you're telling me there's a chance? The NHL Draft Lottery is tonight, but Washington's chances of getting the top pick are slimmer than slim.
The Columbus Blue Jackets are the closest NHL team to the Pittsburgh Penguins, at least geographically. The two franchises are separated by 185 miles of highway.
A capsule look at the first round of the NHL playoffs:
The Columbus Blue Jackets don't mind all the doubters.
When an organization comes so close, so many times – four Game 7 losses at home in six years and another on the road - it's easy to pin the blame on small things. The Caps can't do that this time. For the first time since 2007, Washington won't even be a part of the NHL's postseason party.
This season had a familiar feel for the Florida Panthers, who again relied heavily on prospects and again missed the playoffs.