- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
- Sen. Ben Cardin hits Ukraine for crackdown on Kiev protests
- Drone technology turns South, targets feral pigs to kill
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Better pack a lightsaber: House told space explorers could find alien life in 10 years
- Selfies gone too far? N.Y. woman snaps photo in front of suicidal man on bridge
- High times on D.C. radio: Toronto’s crack-addled Mayor Ford gets sports spot
Latest Nhl Items
Ten former National Hockey League players, including All-Star forward Gary Leeman, claimed in a class-action lawsuit that the league hasn't done enough to protect players from concussions.
Alex Ovechkin continued his torrid scoring pace and the Caps fired a season-high 50 shots, but still came away with just one point.
Through 24 games, Backstrom has 24 points. Eleven of his team-high 19 assists have come on goals scored by Ovechkin. This, of course, is nothing new for Backstrom. Since he arrived in Washington 2007 Backstrom has averaged a little more than a point a game with the Capitals, piling up 439 points in 437 games.
Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer made 49 saves and Joffrey Lupul scored the winner in the shootout to lift Toronto to a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals.
Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby prides himself in bouncing back from losses. He'll get that chance tonight in Toronto.
Capitals rookie Tom Wilson will be surrounded by family and friends tonight when he returns to his hometown of Toronto.
Alex Ovechkin scored on a late first-period power play and again in the third period to give him 19 goals, two ahead of Alexander Steen of the St. Louis Blues, but that wasn't enough to appease coach Adam Oates.
Americans grieved in front of their television sets on a brutally grim Sunday afternoon 50 years ago as a horse-drawn caisson took the body of President Kennedy from the White House to lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda.
Alex Ovechkin moved past Alexander Steen and into first place among NHL goal scorers with his 18th and 19th goals of the season.