- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
Latest Nhl Items
Much was made about the pressure awaiting Alex Ovechkin at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, but it certainly didn't affect him early in Russia's Group A opener.
The United States got off to a spectacular start in the Olympic men's hockey tournament with a 7-1 victory over Slovakia on Thursday.
With the difference in rink size between the NHL and the Olympics, who has the advantage? Capitals Insider Chuck Gormley takes a look.
Team USA hockey has been up and down over the course of its recent history in the Olympics, but in Sochi they "expect to win." More here.
Switzerland has had some success in Olympic hockey, thriving as underdogs. As a heavy favorite, the Swiss needed a lucky break Wednesday to avoid being pushed to overtime by lightly regarded Latvia.
In her carry-on bag for the trip to Russia - never under the plane with the checked luggage - or hanging in her locker at the Shayba Arena, Lyndsey Fry always keeps the jersey close by.
Washington teammates Marty Erat and Nicklas Backstrom face off in the Olympics when the Czechs take on the Swedes in Sochi. Preview it here.
Anze Kopitar insists nobody should feel sorry for his Slovenian men's hockey team no matter what Russia does to it Thursday.
A day ahead of the United States' first Olympic hockey matchup, goalie Jonathan Quick has earned the starting nod to face Slovakia.