- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Nhl Items
Chicago and Anaheim had the NHL's two best records and a combined 15 Olympians on the ice at Honda Center.
Your Top Plays for Today: AP's Sports Guide
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin says it's 'tough' being the face of the Olympics, but his goal production hasn't suffered.
U.S. Olympic hockey team coach Dan Bylsma embraces the high expectations that will greet his team in Sochi.
The IOC has been urged not to pay sports to attend the Olympics during talks on its relations with North American professional leagues.
The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars' dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons' team.
The San Jose Sharks have acquired forward Chad Rau from the Minnesota Wild for forward Curt Gogol in a trade of minor leaguers.
Talk about Olympic hockey and many people mention the Canadians, the Russians, Swedes and Americans, the pre-tournament favorites, or even discuss players like Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Henrik Lundqvist and Patrick Kane.
Two goalies combined on a Detroit Red Wings shutout for the first time since the 2001-02 season, when they went on to hoist the Stanley Cup.