- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Nhl Items
The Capitals are trying to work three young defensemen into the lineup at the same time. Their struggles have been predictable.
The NHL will reevaluate sending its players to the Sochi Olympics next month if something "significant" happens before Feb. 9.
The NHL has not decided whether to let its players participate in the Olympics beyond this year, casting doubt on who will be competing for hockey gold in four years.
Seven years ago, Vladimir Putin traveled all the way to Guatemala to woo Olympic leaders with his grandiose vision: hosting the Winter Games in Russia's little-known Black Sea summer resort of Sochi.
Mike Babcock has an unprecedented trio of hockey titles, coaching teams to Stanley Cup, Olympic and world championship victories. And still, Babcock relentlessly strives for more success because he says it is "fun" to accomplish anything that is hard to do.
Jan. 29 - NHL Stadium Series: New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders at Yankee Stadium.
Too much sun forced the boys of winter to wait to play at the ballpark in the Bronx.
The Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings walked between the palm trees into the Dodger Stadium outfield, a beach volleyball court on their right and a Kiss performance stage to their left. A surprisingly good ice rink was straight ahead, glistening in the Hollywood night.
The Capitals used a four-goal second period to skate to their first win since. Jan. 10.