- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Nhl Items
Ilya Kovalchuk was not on the ice for Russia's final practice before the qualification round, and his coach insisted the superstar forward is not injured.
Capitals coach Adam Oates says he hopes his five Olympians return with some extra jump in their play.
Take this to the bank: The NHL needs the Olympics a lot more than the Olympics need the NHL. To deny its players the opportunity to play would be remarkably stupid and possibly damaging to the league.
T.J. Oshie scored four times in the shootout and got the winner in the eighth round, leading the United States past Russia 3-2 Saturday in the thrilling revival of a classic Olympic hockey rivalry.
Jonathan Quick will get his second start of the Olympics as U.S. gets set to face the host nation.
Paul Stastny scored twice during a six-goal barrage in the second period, and the United States got off to a spectacular start in the Olympic men's hockey tournament with a 7-1 victory over Slovakia on Thursday.
Feb. 23 - Olympic men's hockey gold-medal game: Sochi, Russia.
Washington teammates Marty Erat and Nicklas Backstrom face off in the Olympics when the Czechs take on the Swedes in Sochi. Preview it here.
Switzerland has had some success in Olympic hockey, thriving as underdogs. As a heavy favorite, the Swiss needed a lucky break Wednesday to avoid being pushed to overtime by lightly regarded Latvia.