- WWII vet en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
Latest Nick Faust Items
Inconsistency has been a problem for Maryland junior Nick Faust and it showed again on Thursday vs. Ohio State. What's the fix?
Nick Faust scored five straight points on a layup and 3-pointer to bring the Terps within two with 2:28 left. Faust led the Terps with 17 points. Wells, Evan Smotrycz and Jake Layman all scored 13.
Now it's time for the Maryland Terps to grow up and play in March with the big boys. Nothing less than the school's first NCAA tournament appearance since 2010 will suffice for a team eager to create a lasting memory during its final season in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Alex Len had 16 points, nine rebounds and six blocked shots for the Terps (25-13). Nick Faust added 14 points.
Tied at halftime, the Terrapins (23-12) used a 21-2 run to take a 56-38 lead before coasting to the finish. Second-seed Maryland next hosts the winner of the Ohio-Denver game, held late Tuesday.
North Carolina and its four-guard lineup have a chance at another Atlantic Coast Conference championship — thanks in part to a Maryland guard whose last-gasp shot fell way short.
Mike Tobey's tip-in with 1:46 to play in overtime gave Virginia the lead and it held on to beat Maryland 61-58, giving the Cavaliers what they hope will be a push back into the field in the minds of bracketologists around the country.
Since beating Duke, Maryland has lost three of five — including a deflating 79-68 defeat at home against North Carolina on Wednesday night.
Dez Wells led Maryland with 18 points and Nick Faust had 16. The Terrapins missed 20 of 23 attempts from 3-point range.