- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Latest Nick Punto Items
The hits keep coming for the Washington Nationals, and not in a good way.
After being limited to two hits over the first eight innings, the A's scored twice in the ninth off Nationals' closer Rafael Soriano to force extras and storm back to win in extras.
Less than 20 minutes after watching his closer blow a save for the first time this season, manager Matt Williams announced that the team plans to place injured first baseman Adam LaRoche on the disabled list because of a strained right quad.
Having discovered his power stroke at the Oakland Coliseum, Athletics catcher John Jaso was more impressed by the ball he hit that didn't leave the park than he was by his second home run in as many days.
Gio Gonzalez gave up seven early runs on Sunday afternoon, part of a rough outing and Washington's 9-1 Mother's Day loss to Oakland.
For eight innings, the Oakland Athletics could barely hit the ball against Jon Lester.
The Oakland Athletics scratched left-hander Scott Kazmir from their spring game against the Chicago Cubs on Monday due to left triceps stiffness.
Clayton Kershaw isn't sure why he's off to a rough start in spring training, but he's not happy about it.
The beautiful people are back, and actor Danny DeVito dropped by the other night, too. Dodger Stadium was always a place to be seen, but now they come because there is really something to see.