- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Nick Saban Items
The Washington Times' preseason college football Top 124
Nick Saban said one option to address the Penn State tragedy might be a ticket tax on athletic events and giving the proceeds to child abuse funds.
There are few things football fans crave more than resolution. In fact, aside from tailgating, there might not be any. That's why overtime was instituted — to eliminate the ambiguity (and bookkeeping bother) of tie games. And it's why 12 of college athletics' most prominent suits met in Chicago this week to work out the details of a four-team FBS playoff to determine a truer national champion.
Alabama quarterback Phillip Sims will transfer schools, and pending an NCAA ruling, he could be bound for the University of Virginia.
The NFL draft begins Thursday night with the first round, continues Friday night with the second and third rounds, and runs through Saturday, when the final four rounds will be held at Radio City Music Hall. The Indianapolis Colts and St. Louis Rams both went 2-14 last season and had the top two picks, but the Rams traded the second spot to Washington.
Michigan facing another school in a spring game at the Big House?
Alabama coach Nick Saban said he received overtures for other jobs after claiming the second national title in three years. Instead of bolting, he has received a raise and contract extension worth $5.62 million a year that he said represents his intention to finish his career in Tuscaloosa.
Every coach claims to have a great national signing day. Nick Saban actually does — every year.
Every coach claims to have a great national signing day. Nick Saban actually does _ every year.