- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Nick Vander Tuig
Latest Nick Vander Tuig Items
Not only is UCLA the national champion, the Bruins also serve as a model for how to build a winner in this new era of college baseball. The Bruins ended the year with nary a .300 hitter, but, boy, could they pitch and play defense.
UCLA'S Adam Plutko said when he heads to the mound Monday night for Game 1 of the finals against Mississippi State, he'll just worry about himself and believe that somehow, some way his teammates will come through. So far, the Bruins have turned their total of eight runs into three wins.
UCLA (46-17) moved within one victory of next week's best-of-three finals. The Tar Heels (58-11) play North Carolina State in an elimination game Thursday.