- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Nick Watney Items
There has been talk about Bethpage Black being an ideal place for the Ryder Cup, so it was fitting that the Ryder Cup consumed so much chatter after the opening round at The Barclays.
The 154 players who have qualified for the 94th PGA Championship, to be played on The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. Two spots are being held for the winners of the Bridgestone Invitational and Reno-Tahoe Open if they are not already eligible. Otherwise, they will go to the alternates:
He is one of those guys people have in mind when they say "so-and-so leads a charmed existence."
At Royal Lytham & St. Annes
Tiger Woods feels like he is making up for lost time by missing the U.S. Open last year.
Tiger Woods was back Thursday afternoon, playing at Congressional Country Club for the first time in three years. He was back in March, winning an official PGA Tour event for the first time in 932 days. He also was back earlier this month, becoming a multiple-winner on the Tour for the first time since 2009.
The winners of the past three tournaments at Congressional have had final scores of 16 under, 13 under and 12 under, but don't expect to see scores that low in this week's AT&T National.
Luke Donald doesn't regret not coming to The Olympic Club ahead of the U.S. Open to learn the golf course.
The lead at the U.S. Open belonged to Michael Thompson. The buzz came from Tiger Woods. Even as Thompson strung together four birdies on the back nine at Olympic Club that carried him to a 4-under 66, Woods put on a clinic on the other side of the course on how to handle the toughest test in golf.