- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Nick Young Items
Kevin Seraphin wasn't nervous. In a disciplinary move by Wizards coach Randy Wittman, Seraphin got the start over JaVale McGee when the Wizards faced the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night at Verizon Center.
Nick Young took 23 shots. He made just six. But his most memorable miss came when, instead of going for an easy layup, he went up for a reverse 360 and missed everything. It was a signature moment against the Sacramento Kings in a game that the Washington Wizards should have won, but threw away on sloppy and selfish play. The result was a 115-107 loss.
The Washington Wizards are turning into road warriors. Nick Young scored a season-high 35 points, John Wall added 29 points and nine assists, and the Wizards beat the Portland Trail Blazers 124-109 Tuesday night for their second straight road win.
Nick Young scored a season-high 35 points, John Wall added 29 points and nine assists, and the Washington Wizards beat the Portland Trail Blazers 124-109 Tuesday night for their third straight road win.
Dwyane Wade dribbled up the court and seeing himself surrounded by defenders, took the only logical course of action — he made a 360-spin move, elevated above everyone else on the court and dunked the ball.
It was a game the Wizards had high hopes of winning, as they faced the New York Knicks Wednesday night at the Verizon Center. Yet, even without Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, the Knicks pulled off an improbable 14-point victory, winning 107-93 as the Wizards defense collapsed in the face of the visitors' deadly pick and roll offense.
The NBA schedule-makers had to have foreseen this — what a 66-game schedule compressed into a four-month window would look like. There's the exhaustion, the mental fatigue and a lot of bad basketball.
It was the perfect storm for the Wizards — a new coach and a dreadful opponent. But at this point, the Wizards will take wins any way they can get them. In Randy Wittman's first game since replacing Flip Saunders, who was fired on Tuesday, the Wizards beat the Charlotte Bobcats, 92-75.
The Wizards scored a season-high 63 points in the first half and made it a close game with the Denver Nuggets, but couldn't hold on for the win, as they dropped to 2-13 on the season with 108-104 loss at Verizon Center on Friday night.