- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Latest Nicklas Bäckström Items
Dmitry Orlov's hit on Brayden Schenn was a game-changer. But was it worthy of an NHL suspension?
Nicklas Backstrom thought he had a goal. So did more than 18,000 fans at Verizon Center.
The Capitals are closing in on deadline day. Will they deal Marty Erat? What is their greatest need?
Alex Ovechkin rebounded from his Olympic disappointment.
The Capitals will begin their push for a playoff spot tonight against the Florida Panthers. Catch all the action on CSN beginning at 7 p.m.
Ovechkin scored the go-ahead goal in the third period and had two assists and Troy Brouwer had two power-play goals Thursday night, lifting the Washington Capitals to a 5-4 victory over the Florida Panthers.
Alex Ovechkin scored the go-ahead goal in the third period and had two assists and Troy Brouwer had two power-play goals Thursday night in the Caps' 5-4 win over Florida.
Nicklas Backstrom scored a goal against the Panthers in his first game back with the Capitals from the 2014 Olympics.
One player looked relieved, if tired. The other still appeared to be in shock. The Capitals' two stars returned from the Winter Olympics in Sochi in different states of mind on Tuesday. Alex Ovechkin, though disappointed his team failed to medal, received a far bigger scare when his father, Mikhail, suffered a heart attack on Feb. 16. Nicklas Backstrom, on the other hand, looked little better than he did two days ago in Sochi.