- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Nicolas Anelka Items
The French Football Federation suspended Nicolas Anelka for 18 matches for his role in the France team's World Cup fiasco, and handed a five-match ban to former captain Patrice Evra on Tuesday.
Marseille coach Didier Deschamps has pledged to give his full cooperation to France coach Laurent Blanc's efforts to rebuild the national team following its poor World Cup.
France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris criticized the squad for being "totally stupid" for going on strike during a World Cup training session, and he is desperate to "restore the image" that was so badly damaged in South Africa.
France coach Laurent Blanc will drop all 23 World Cup players for his first match next month as collective punishment for the team's embarrassing fiasco in South Africa.
French football federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes has launched an investigation into the national team players' strike at the World Cup.
Nicolas Anelka said Thursday all his teammates decided to go on strike at the World Cup after he was sent home from South Africa for verbally abusing France coach Raymond Domenech and refusing to apologize.
Thierry Henry is retiring from the French national team.
Strutting into the stadium dancing and singing, Bafana Bafana turned its final game at the World Cup into a rollicking party for all of South Africa. All that was missing was enough goals to see them through to the next round.
MOSCOW (AP) — John Terry ran up to the ball, with Chelsea needing only a successful penalty kick to win its first European Champions League title. The Blues captain slipped on the wet turf of Luzhniki Stadium and his shot glanced off a post.