- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
Topic - Nike Inc.
) is a major publicly traded sportswear and equipment supplier based in the United States. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, which is part of the Portland metropolitan area. It is the world's leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment with revenue in excess of $18.6 billion USD in its fiscal year 2008 (ending May 31, 2008). As of 2008, it employed more than 30,000 people worldwide. Nike and Precision Castparts are the only Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the state of Oregon, according to The Oregonian. - Source: Wikipedia
A Native American group is calling on Nike Inc. to stop producing and selling products that feature the Cleveland Indians' mascot Chief Wahoo, which it calls a "grotesque caricature" of modern Indians.
Several of Lance Armstrong's once faithful and eager sponsors began pedaling away Wednesday, after months of loyally sticking by the embattled cyclist.
The president of Nike Inc. said Thursday he has decided to change the name of the Joe Paterno Child Development Center, a child care facility at the company's headquarters outside Portland.
Apple, already the world's most valuable company, hit the $600 billion level for the first time Tuesday.
Nike Inc. will become the NFL's official uniform provider in 2012 as part of an agreement involving the league and seven apparel partners, ousting rival Reebok to also provide all fan apparel.
Activists trying to stop mountaintop removal coal mining in Appalachia are furious over a Nike Inc. promotional ad for a new West Virginia football uniform designed in tribute to the 29 victims of the Upper Big Branch mine explosion.