- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
Topic - Nikki Haley
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, encouraged by the way South Carolinians responded to last winter's ice storms, is now urging residents to prepare for the hurricane season that begins on Sunday.
Gov. Nikki Haley said Friday that South Carolina shouldn't be left without a lieutenant governor for five months as the current officeholder steps down to take over as a college president.
Prompted by a weekend rash of violence that left three people dead, Gov. Nikki Haley on Friday called for an end to a Memorial Day bike rally in the Myrtle Beach area.
Two of the Democrats seeking to challenge U.S. Sen. Tim Scott pledged Thursday to work toward completing and keeping open a multibillion-dollar nuclear reactor fuel project at the Savannah River Site, saying they wouldn't support the Obama administration's plans to shutter the facility.
The South Carolina Senate approved a bill Thursday to protect children from parents who abuse drugs and debated whether to formally disapprove of the Department of Social Services director. A no-confidence vote could come next week.
Gov. Nikki Haley says seven businesses are bringing a combined 300 jobs to five rural South Carolina counties.
Democratic state Sen. Vincent Sheheen has released his first TV ad in his rematch against Gov. Nikki Haley.
Three Democrats want the South Carolina House to take a no-confidence vote in the Department of Social Services' director.
Gov. Nikki Haley is urging officials across South Carolina to let seniors participate in graduation ceremonies if the only thing blocking their walk down the aisle is the state exit exam.
Here's a look at the four Republicans vying to be lieutenant governor. Three of the four are touting their ties to GOP Gov. Nikki Haley, who is not endorsing in the race. This year marks the last time voters will choose the lieutenant governor. Gubernatorial candidates will begin choosing their running mates starting in 2018.
South Carolina's unemployment rate dropped again in April, down to 5.3 percent. It's the lowest level in 13 years. The national unemployment rate during April was 6.3 percent.
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
The South Carolina Department of Social Services is hiring 20 caseworkers to improve child-welfare services in Richland County, Gov. Nikki Haley's office said Tuesday. The plan's release follows questions surrounding children's deaths.
Nearly 20 Democratic candidates stood in front of the stump at one of South Carolina's oldest political gatherings Monday and made their case to voters. But unlike the Galivants Ferry Stump gatherings from generations ago, almost every one of them will be the underdogs in their races in November.
The itinerary for these types of trips is often busy and Haley said she wasn't sure she would get any chance to sightsee or visit relatives.