- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Nikki R. Haley
Latest Nikki R. Haley Items
In the absence of a clear agenda from a Congress widely labeled as dysfunctional, Republican governors used their annual meeting to identify broad policies they believe the nation needs to embrace, ranging from education, public employee-pension and tax reform to regulatory relief, transportation and energy infrastructure.
South Carolina's governor appears to have closed the door on appointing Stephen Colbert to the U.S. Senate, all because the comedian didn't know the state drink was milk.
GOP Sen. Jim DeMint's announcement Thursday that he will resign to run the conservative Heritage Foundation leaves the tea party without its leading voice in the Senate, but the movement has several advocates in the chamber ready to fill the void.
Fresh off his win in New Hampshire, Mitt Romney arrived in South Carolina on Wednesday sounding ever more like the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, launching straight into an attack on President Obama.
They're writing books. They're making speeches. They're fawning over the big dogs.
Charlotte officials plan to buttress the city's sizable police force with about 3,400 extra officers during the 2012 Democratic National Convention to help protect top politicians from across the country, most notably the president.