- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
Latest Nina Simone Items
Covering the music of the late Nina Simone seemed like a natural choice for Morgan James. From an early age, the Broadway actress says she's had an old soul that felt a connection to the legendary singer. Her first solo album, "Morgan James Live: A Celebration of Nina Simone," captures James live at the New York jazz club Dizzy's paying tribute to Simone.
It is no criticism of author Nadine Cohodas to say that as I read "Princess Noire" there were times I wanted to close the book and go for a long walk. Ms. Cohodas is in fact the very model of a good biographer: sympathetic to her subject without being hagiographic, possessed of a clear, clean prose style that keeps the story moving and knowledgeable about the times in which singer-pianist Nina Simone lived. The problem with the book is Nina Simone herself.