- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Nita Ghei Items
Nita Ghei is right to lament America's decline in economic freedom under the Obama administration ("A land less free," Web, Jan. 14). A record $16 trillion in national debt, "crony handouts," costly and burdensome new regulations and growing subsidies for special interests all have cast a pall over America's future. No wonder America's rank has fallen yet again in the 2013 Index of Economic Freedom.
Where does the Federal Reserve get the idea that, as Nita Ghei put it in a recent Op-Ed, "Granny and Grandpa ... are doing quite well ... seeing their incomes jump 12 percent" ("The poorer middle class," Friday)? What planet is the Fed on?