- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Drew Johnson
Inept government shouldn't be entrusted with the power to kill its citizens
Topic - Nita M. Lowey
Leaders of a powerful House Appropriations subcommittee are threatening to cut off U.S. aid to the Palestinian Authority if it goes ahead with plans to form a unity government with Hamas.
The House yesterday narrowly approved a measure to reverse a 23-year-old U.S. policy against providing foreign-aid grants for contraception to groups that also offer abortions abroad.
"It is unclear how negotiators can agree to a long-term peace deal — or even extend the talks beyond April 29th — when one of the parties refuses to recognize the State of Israel or renounce the use of violence," Ms. Lowey said in a statement.
Rep. Nita M. Lowey of New York, the ranking Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee, called on Mr. Abbas to "abandon this reckless course and recommit to direct talks with Prime Minister Netanyahu and make the tough choices necessary for peace."