- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Norfolk Southern Railway
is a major Class I railroad in the United States, owned by the Norfolk Southern Corporation. With headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia, the company operates 21,500 route miles in 22 eastern states, the District of Columbia and the province of Ontario, Canada. The most common commodity hauled on the railroad is coal from mines in Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. The railroad also offers an extensive intermodal network in eastern North America. The current system was formed in 1982 with the creation of the Norfolk Southern Corporation, a holding company, and on December 31, 1990, the Southern Railway was renamed Norfolk Southern Railway, and control of the Norfolk and Western Railway was transferred from the holding company to the Norfolk Southern Railway. In 1999, the system grew substantially with the acquisition of over half of Conrail. - Source: Wikipedia
A Chicago-bound freight train struck and killed two men who police say were walking in the middle of the tracks in southeastern Pennsylvania.
Police say a woman has died after she was hit by a Norfolk Southern train in Ranson.
Environmental groups are holding a forum in Norfolk on the effects of coal dust on health and the environment.
Norfolk Southern is again partnering with the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society to host steam locomotive excursion trips in 2014.
Norfolk Southern officials say they didn't know crews had resumed their search for a missing woman along railroad tracks in western Pennsylvania where a firefighter was later struck and killed by a train.
A one-of-a-kind locomotive is being added to Norfolk Southern's fleet.
Railroad operator Norfolk Southern has opened a new terminal in Chesapeake.
A batch of worrying economic figures tugged stock markets down Thursday. Measures of manufacturing and business activity in both China and Europe slumped.
Some people called Keith Fitzhugh crazy. Others praised him for his admirable decision.