- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest North Korea Items
The Obama administration – through its endless apologies for real and imagined American misdeeds and its resort to what Winston Churchill called "jaw-jaw" in all circumstances – has managed to only increase world tensions. It has created regional power vacuums by minimizing the U.S. role in leading the world's democratic forces.
The U.N. Security Council on Friday condemned a deadly attack on a South Korean warship that killed 46 sailors and pointed a finger toward North Korea but didn't directly blame the reclusive communist nation.
The Security Council unanimously deplored the March attack on the South Korean naval warship that resulted in the deaths of 46 sailors as the White House anticipated North Korea's increased isolation.
North Korea said Friday an American imprisoned for illegally entering the reclusive country has tried to kill himself.
Like most North Koreans, Son Jong-nam knew next to nothing about Christianity when he fled to neighboring China in 1998. Nearly 11 years later, he died back in North Korea in prison, reportedly tortured to death for trying to spread the Gospel in his native land, armed with 20 Bibles and 10 cassette tapes of hymns. He was 50.
The Afghan government's failure to tackle rampant corruption is widely seen as providing impetus to the Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan, according to a new report.
SEOUL | Hundreds of computers that helped cause a wave of outages on U.S. and South Korean government websites last July launched new attacks on the same sites, but no major interference was reported, police said Thursday.
China said Thursday that Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates is welcome to visit at an appropriate time, just weeks after it rejected a proposed trip by him.
The youngest son of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il clandestinely became a parliament member last year, another sign he is being groomed to succeed his father, South Korean news reports said Tuesday.