- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
North Korean Military
Latest North Korean Military Items
The Russian military recently dispatched a guided-missile warship to Cuba as part of what U.S. officials say are growing military, intelligence and economic ties between Moscow and Havana.
A North Korean delegation to China appears to have been gently snubbed ahead of a meeting Friday with Chinese President Xi Jinping, according to one regional analyst, who say the visitors' treatment is part of Beijing's effort to reign in its troublesome, isolated and poverty stricken neighbor.
After a day of diplomatic talks with Secretary of State John F. Kerry on Saturday, Chinese authorities here claimed they are committed to working "peacefully" toward the goal of getting North Korea to abandon its nuclear weapons.
The Obama administration appeared eager on Thursday to downplay the North Korean military's latest threat that it has the final authority to carry out "cutting-edge, smaller, lighter and diversified" nuclear strikes on the United States.
China has placed military forces on heightened alert in the northeastern part of the country as tensions mount on the Korean peninsula following recent threats by Pyongyang to attack, U.S. officials said.
Rising tensions between North and South Korea ahead of U.S. military exercises on the Korean Peninsula next week have provoked a war — although one of words for the time being.
Outgoing Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton A. Schwartz says the Air Force and Navy are developing "a range of initiatives" designed to counter high-technology anti-access and area-denial weaponry as part of the new Air Sea Battle Concept.
North Korea's top general warned Wednesday that his army holds weapons that can defeat the United States – a threat that regional experts dismissed as face-saving rhetoric.