- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
North Korean People'S Army
Latest North Korean People'S Army Items
North Korea's young new leader, Kim Jong-un, has instituted a novel method of executing military officers — mortar firing squad, South Korea's leading daily newspaper reported Tuesday.
Friday marks a significant milestone in America's longest war. Sixty years ago Friday, North Korea invaded its neighbor, the Republic of Korea, initiating what historian William Stueck describes as "an orgy of violence." Within 24 hours, the United States committed air and naval units to support the South Koreans. Within a week, American ground forces began arriving from Japan. President Truman and his advisers thought American intervention would quickly resolve the crisis, but the "police action" lasted more than three bloody years and resolved very few of the issues at stake.