- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Northern Virginia Items
Last week, the contractor for the first phase of the Silver Line Metro extension certified that Phase One was complete. The Silver Line will eventually take riders deep into Loudoun County, beyond Washington Dulles International Airport.
Virginia budget negotiators have agreed on a new two-year, $85 billion spending plan, but the Senate's leading Democrat said Thursday his party would not deliver the necessary votes to pass it.
The holidays are a time when generous spirits prevail, and families, individuals and businesses often donate their resources to help others, whether by collecting toys for needy children, feeding hungry people or gathering clothing for wounded service members and their families.
The mention of Confederate cavalry leader James Ewell Brown "Jeb" Stuart along with the Battle of Gettysburg normally equates to controversy. Historians point to the separation of Stuart from Gen. Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia as central to the Confederate defeat in July 1863 because it denied Lee the intelligence he needed to maneuver successfully against the Union Army of the Potomac.