- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
Latest Norton Items
Officials from two Southwestern Virginia counties say a project vital to the area's economic development has been held up for years because of a dispute with federal regulators over what is an airport and what is a coal mine.
Tiger Woods has become the first $100 million man on the PGA Tour.
In a Labor Day finish filled with some of golf's biggest names, Rory McIlroy sent his stock soaring in the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Louis Oosthuizen combined one of the sweetest swings in golf with a putting stroke that was just as pure. That's all it took for him to race by Rory McIlroy, leave Tiger Woods behind and seize control Sunday in the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Rickie Fowler set three goals for himself at the start of the year. He achieved his top priority in early May when he won for the first time on the PGA Tour with a birdie on the first playoff hole at Quail Hollow.
Seung-yul Noh has birdied his last two holes for a 9-under 62 to take a two-shot lead in the Deutsche Bank Championship.
While George Zimmerman is free on bail, the police chief criticized for not charging him after Trayvon Martin's slaying remains under scrutiny, as city commissioners want to wait for the results of a federal investigation to decide if they will accept Chief Bill Lee's resignation.
D.C. resident readies for city hall recall effort; Joint effort in Virginia to challenge Romney, Paul certifications; Perry files ballot suit in Va.; Some Va. Assembly bills appear ghostwritten; Norton calls for full audit of Union Station; Va. merchants push for Amazon to pay state sales tax; More speed cameras planned for Prince George's; Maryland lawmaker wants to ban Internet 'sweepstakes' gambling.
His real name was Michelangelo Merisi. But the world knows him as Caravaggio, after the name of the Lombard town where he was born in 1571. He is one of Europe's great painters, ranked among Titian, Goya, Degas and Picasso, and certainly one of the most influential, both in his own time and in our own.