- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- U.N. school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
Latest Norway Items
Marcel Hirscher clinched his third straight overall World Cup title on Saturday but couldn't prevent Ted Ligety from winning his fifth season-long giant slalom trophy.
A naval exercise in the Barents Sea involving Norway, the U.S. and Russia is expected to be canceled because of action that Washington is taking against Russia regarding Ukraine.
Severin Freund of Germany took his fourth World Cup title of the season as he won the large hill ski jumping event Sunday in Oslo.
Norway's Marit Bjoergen won the women's 30-kilometer classical race at Holmenkollen on Sunday in dominating style.
Johannes Rydzek won his third Nordic combined World Cup event on Saturday while his German teammate Eric Frenzel remained top of the overall standings.
Sweden's Daniel Richardsson showed his strength Saturday when winning the classic 50-kilometer race at Holmenkollen in 2 hours 7 minutes and 29.5 seconds with a strong sprint finish, beating World Cup leader Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway on the final straight.
Johannes Rydzek of Germany won his second Nordic combined World Cup event Thursday, and German teammate Eric Frenzel maintained his lead in the overall standings.
Norway's triple Olympic gold medalist Marit Bjoergen and Olympic bronze medalist Martin Johnsrud Sundby dominated cross-country skiing World Cup races on Sunday.
It feels just like home for Canada's Erik Guay when he races in Norway.