- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Nra'S Institute For Legislative Action
The National Rifle Association said Thursday that the group has joined the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association in a lawsuit challenging the state's new law banning so-called assault weapons and limiting ammunition magazines to a maximum capacity of seven rounds.
Gun owners now have one of their own on a presidential ticket. Rep. Paul Ryan recalled "deer camp over in Fairchild in Eau Claire County" in his remarks after being chosen as Mitt Romney's vice-presidential running mate. The Wisconsin Republican is an avid hunter who's been a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights.