- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie faces fire for Superstorm Sandy dollars: ‘Where’s the governor?’
- Pope Francis shakes Vatican Bank with ‘earthquake’ reforms
- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Student protester shot, killed amid Venezuela unrest
- ‘Between Two Ferns’ director rushes to Obama’s defense, blasts O’Reilly
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Nury Martinez
Workers in Los Angeles' largest hotels could earn up to $15.37 an hour under a measure to be considered by the City Council.
School board members voted unanimously on Tuesday to rename a year-old San Fernando Valley elementary school after Michelle Obama.
"This name was selected by the school-site council because Michelle Obama supports active living and eating healthy, and the school models itself on that," said LAUSD board member Nury Martinez, the Pasadena Star-News reported.