- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
Topic - Nyo Ohn Myint
"But no one dares to convince Senior Gen. Than Shwe to move forward," he said.
Nyo Ohn Myint, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the NLD (Liberated Area), said in an e-mail interview that Mrs. Suu Kyi's release would depend on how comfortable Burma's military ruler, Senior Gen. Than Shwe, is "feeling about his security and government after the election."