- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - O Globo
O Globo (Portuguese for The Globe) is a Brazilian newspaper based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. O Globo is the most prominent print publication in the Marinho family's Brazilian media conglomerate. - Source: Wikipedia
The website of Brazil's biggest news outlet has published photos it says shows pop star Justin Bieber spray painting graffiti on a wall and it says police want to question him.
In an unprecedented snub to President Obama, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff has canceled her official state visit to the White House scheduled for next month, angered by revelations of U.S. spying on her and on major Brazilian state institutions.
U.S. intelligence officials are braced for more disclosures of National Security Agency eavesdropping secrets from renegade contractor Edward Snowden, who is seeking asylum in Venezuela.
There was no fire alarm. There were no sprinklers or fire escapes. And when a band member tried to put out a fire that had been started by pyrotechnics, the extinguisher didn't work.
A huge oil spill off Brazil's southern coast was the result of excessive pressure used by oil giant Chevron in drilling the sea floor, according to a report by police and prosecutors published by local media Tuesday.
Ricardo Teixeira will remain president of the 2014 World Cup local organizing committee despite taking a leave of absence from the Brazilian soccer federation.
Researchers monitoring the destruction of Brazil's Amazon forest say the creation of conservation units and indigenous reserves has not been enough to contain deforestation.
Brazilian police are investigating the case of an elderly woman who was declared dead _ only to wake up hours later inside a coffin in a funeral home.
Local media say Fluminense coach Muricy Ramalho has been asked to lead the Brazil national team.
The Brazilian Football Federation says it has invited Fluminense coach Muricy Ramalho to lead the national team.