- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Latest Oakland Police Items
The son of two Oakland police officers was hospitalized after accidentally shooting himself in the arm at his Danville home.
The FBI is assisting Oakland authorities with their investigation of a carjacking and kidnapping Tuesday afternoon.
Oakland police say four teens have been arrested in connection with a home invasion robbery that resulted in an 81-year-old woman being shot and wounded.
Police say a California Highway Patrol officer fatally shot a gun-wielding suspect in Oakland who fled a vehicle during a traffic stop.
Oakland police are investigating four fatal shootings that took place in different parts of the city within six hours, the latest outbreak of violence in a city that saw 131 homicides last year.
Oakland officials assessed damage to City Hall caused by Occupy protesters while leaders of the movement claimed Sunday that police acted illegally in arresting hundreds of demonstrators and could face a lawsuit.
For weeks, the protests had waned, with only a smattering of people taking to Oakland's streets for occasional weekend marches that bore little resemblance to the headline-grabbing Occupy demonstrations of last fall.