- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Occupy D.C. Camp
Latest Occupy D.C. Camp Items
With their patchwork of colorful tents and tarps, neo-hippie residents and rallying cries about corporate and government greed, the two Occupy D.C. camps look and sound almost identical to outsiders.
The Occupy Congress rally that organizers guaranteed would unite thousands of supporters under a banner of anti-government greed in fact spurred only one collective opinion: underwhelming numbers.
The Occupy D.C. movement will turn its attention on Democrats' influence on and connection to Wall Street as the group holds a protest Thursday night outside what it calls a "big-dollar, closed-door" Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee fundraiser in downtown Washington.
Video shows Johnson taking bribe; McDonnell considers cuts, even layoffs, in budget; Wal-Mart agrees to set aside jobs for D.C. residents; Sexual assault reported at Occupy D.C.; Md. lawmaker seeks tougher penalties for mass thefts; Alleged East Coast rapist likely on trial first in Prince William; Sun: Internal poll gives Rep. Edwards early lead over Ivey, challengers.
District officials, motorists prepare for Key Bridge demonstration; Man arrested in shots fired at White House; Big unions fortify Occupy D.C. camp; Airport authority, Virginia agree on labor pact; Maryland GOP Sen. Pipken: 'War on rural Md. is real'; D.C. leaders couldn't support Issa offer; Gray backs six Wal-Marts for D.C.; Bowie State gets $553K for Steinways disappointing hawkish Comptroller Franchot.