- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Office For Democratic Institutions And Human Rights
Latest Office For Democratic Institutions And Human Rights Items
The recent editorial "Blue helmets at the ballot box" (Comment & Analysis, Thursday) describes our observers here at the Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) as "Europeans" and "election inspectors." However, the OSCE is the world's largest regional security organization and includes among its participating nations the United States and Canada, as well as countries from Central Asia.
Did you know that the uberclean United Nations, whose blue-helmeted troops have been charged with everything from rape to theft in Third World countries, is going to have an affiliate help us run our elections?
European officials planning to monitor the U.S. presidential election are howling about intimidation, after they got a blunt warning this week: If you mess with Texas, you might end up in jail.