- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Oguchi Onyewu Items
One banner in the stands read "Ukraine is Undivided!" on the top and "One Country - One Team!" on the bottom. Ukrainian fans sang their nation's anthem in the final moments, and some broke into a chant of "No war in Ukraine!" after the final whistle.
Defender Oguchi Onyewu got his first start since summer when the United States played Ukraine on Wednesday night in an exhibition game moved to Larnaca, Cyprus, from Kharkiv because of political trouble.
Ukraine's national football team gave its troubled country something to cheer about on Wednesday when it beat the United States 2-0 in an international friendly.
The match had been overshadowed by the turmoil in Ukraine and its players said before the game that they were dedicating it to their people back home.
Midfielder Brek Shea and defender Oguchi Onyewu are returning to the U.S. national team roster for Wednesday's exhibition game against Ukraine for the first time since last summer's CONCACAF Gold Cup.
American midfielder Fabian Johnson appears to have recovered from a broken hand, which should please U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
Timmy Chandler became the latest World Cup hopeful to suffer an injury setback over the weekend, another potential blow to the U.S. team's depth as it prepares for a friendly at Ukraine next month.
After returning from 12 days of training in Brazil, the U.S. soccer team will take the field in one of its final pre-World Cup matches when it hosts South Korea on Saturday.