- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Okoroh
Calvin Thompson scored 15 points, including a tiebreaking layup with 48 seconds remaining, as Howard defeated North Carolina A&T 51-50 Tuesday in the first round of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament.
With five freshmen in the starting lineup, Howard has split its past four games, including Monday's 54-46 defeat of Morgan State in Baltimore, to offer an early glimpse of a team coach Kevin Nickelberry hopes soon will end a decade's worth of losing.