- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
Latest Ollanta Humala Items
Nine Peruvian miners were rescued Wednesday after six days trapped in an abandoned copper mine.
President Ollanta Humala declared a 60-day state of emergency Sunday to quell increasingly violent protests over the country's biggest investment, a highlands gold mine, by peasants who fear it will damage their water supply.
Ollanta Humala, the leftist military man who won Peru's presidency after abandoning a radical platform, promised in his inaugural address last month to make his priority the one in three Peruvians still mired in poverty.
An anti-establishment military man who promises to redistribute Peru's wealth won the most votes in Sunday's presidential vote and is headed into a runoff against the daughter of imprisoned former President Alberto Fujimori, unofficial results showed.