- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
Latest Olympic Stadium Items
He didn't win a medal, but the "Blade Runner" reveled in in his Olympic moment. On Tuesday, still basking in the glow, Pistorius tweeted a photo from London of himself with eventual 400-meter gold medalist Kirani James, who asked for Pistorius' bib as a souvenir after running in the same semifinal heat.
London's Olympic Park will partly reopen to the public this year for a series of summer rock concerts, officials announced Tuesday.
It's art that tempts you. All those "do not touch" signs are essential.
The Olympic Stadium is in need of a tenant, and London Mayor Boris Johnson thinks the NFL could be the right match.
Ai Weiwei, China's most famous artist and dissident, was scheduled to be in Washington for the Oct. 7 opening of the first North American survey of his work at the Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden. Unfortunately, it's unlikely he will make the trip since, as of this writing, Chinese authorities are still holding his passport following his 2011 arrest and 81-day detention.
Partially paralyzed marathon participant Claire Lomas lit the Paralympic cauldron in central London on Friday, one of a slew of events meant to mark the coming of the Paralympic Games across the British capital.
Toting his third gold medal of the London Games, Usain Bolt gave a little wave to 80,000 or so of his best friends in the Olympic Stadium stands.
With a little British pomp and a lot of British pop, London brought the curtain down on a glorious Olympic Games on Sunday in a spectacular, technicolor pageant of landmarks, lightshows and lots of fun.
Be it a gold medal or a souvenir from a record relay run, Usain Bolt always gets what he wants at the Olympics.