- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Omaha
John Norwood turned on Nick Howard's 97 mph fastball and sent it into the left field bullpen to break a 2-2 tie in the third and deciding game of the College World Series finals.
The Cavaliers' 11th-year coach was born in Omaha, grew up across the Missouri River in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and as a kid attended CWS games with his dad at the old Rosenblatt Stadium.
Virginia is headed to the final series of the College World Series after defeating Ole Miss, 4-1, on Saturday afternoon.
The Cavaliers have allowed two earned runs in 33 innings in winning their three CWS games for an 0.55 ERA. The CWS record for lowest ERA in a series, in a minimum four games, is 0.60 by California in 1957.
Strong winds over 70 mph and heavy rain were reported across eastern Nebraska Sunday as thunderstorms moved across the state.
The Kansas City Royals have recalled third baseman Mike Moustakas from Triple-A Omaha and activated left-hander Francisley Bueno from the 15-day disabled list.
A cluster of South Omaha worker cottages built more than a century ago to house immigrant meatpackers has been fully renovated, and a modern-day slate of tenants is to start moving in early next month.
Five years have passed since a group of neighbors started planting rosemary, tomatoes and peas on an empty lot in the middle of Omaha.
The Kansas City Royals have recalled right-hander Aaron Brooks from Triple-A Omaha to start against the Blue Jays on Saturday and optioned utilityman Jimmy Paredes to Triple-A.
Police say a 57-year-old man who died after being pulled from an Omaha mobile home fire set the blaze before shooting himself.
The Nebraska Supreme Court has ordered a trial to determine whether a boy should remain in the state to live with his biological father or move to Mexico with his mother, whose husband was deported.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, a potential presidential candidate in 2016, is set to visit Nebraska this summer to speak to fellow Democrats.
Authorities are investigating the cause of a fire that further damaged a vacant house in north Omaha.
It's not as if the Southeastern Conference needs validation in any sport. But setting the record for most teams from one conference in an NCAA baseball tournament understandably has the SEC puffing out its collective chest.