- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Omar Faruk Osman
Latest Omar Faruk Osman Items
In a story Nov. 13 about the U.S. military running two news websites in Africa, The Associated Press identified Omar Faruk Osman as the secretary general of the National Union of Somali Journalists. Although Osman and the website of the International Federation of Journalists identify him as the secretary general, the Somali government recognizes Mohamed Ibrahim as the secretary general of the group.
The website's headlines trumpet the imminent demise of the Somali terrorist group al-Shabab and describe an American jihadist fretting about insurgent infighting.
The website's headlines trumpet al-Shabab's imminent demise and describe an American jihadist fretting over insurgent infighting. At first glance it appears to be a sleek, Horn of Africa news site. But the site — sabahionline.com — is run by the U.S. military.