- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
Omar Faruk Osman
Latest Omar Faruk Osman Items
In a story Nov. 13 about the U.S. military running two news websites in Africa, The Associated Press identified Omar Faruk Osman as the secretary general of the National Union of Somali Journalists. Although Osman and the website of the International Federation of Journalists identify him as the secretary general, the Somali government recognizes Mohamed Ibrahim as the secretary general of the group.
The website's headlines trumpet the imminent demise of the Somali terrorist group al-Shabab and describe an American jihadist fretting about insurgent infighting.
The website's headlines trumpet al-Shabab's imminent demise and describe an American jihadist fretting over insurgent infighting. At first glance it appears to be a sleek, Horn of Africa news site. But the site — sabahionline.com — is run by the U.S. military.