- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
Omar Faruk Osman
Latest Omar Faruk Osman Items
In a story Nov. 13 about the U.S. military running two news websites in Africa, The Associated Press identified Omar Faruk Osman as the secretary general of the National Union of Somali Journalists. Although Osman and the website of the International Federation of Journalists identify him as the secretary general, the Somali government recognizes Mohamed Ibrahim as the secretary general of the group.
The website's headlines trumpet the imminent demise of the Somali terrorist group al-Shabab and describe an American jihadist fretting about insurgent infighting.
The website's headlines trumpet al-Shabab's imminent demise and describe an American jihadist fretting over insurgent infighting. At first glance it appears to be a sleek, Horn of Africa news site. But the site — sabahionline.com — is run by the U.S. military.