- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Ontario Hockey League
Latest Ontario Hockey League Items
It's been a rough season for the Carolina Hurricanes. They've gone through a coaching change just like the Washington Capitals but haven't been able to sniff the playoff picture and are sitting near the bottom of the Eastern Conference. Bright spots have been hard to find, especially over the past month with phenom Jeff Skinner out with a concussion.
A year ago the Pittsburgh Penguins' Jordan Staal came back from injury just in time for the Winter Classic. This year, brother Marc likely won't be so lucky.
A decade ago, the IIHF World Junior Championship barely registered as a blip in the United States. Now, games are televised on NHL Network. And the Washington Capitals' John Carlson deserves a lot of credit for the explosion in popularity.
Dale Hunter glows when talking about Jarred Tinordi. He coached the big defenseman for a season-plus with the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League.
The life span of an NHL coach is short, based on lack of success and the idea that his voice stops being heard.
When stay-at-home defenseman Karl Alzner finds himself up on the rush, he looks and finds friend and defensive partner John Carlson right there with him.
The Boston Bruins have signed top draft pick Dougie Hamilton to a three-year contract.
Battle over Ten Commandments in Virginia reaches federal court; Giordano to be released from Aruba prison; Caps fire Boudreau; O'Malley, McDonnell take business battle offshore; Elderly shoppers attacked in Montgomery County; Harris has Democrat challenger in 1st District; Arlington County considers eminent domain at Courthouse Plaza.
The first fight Craig Laughlin ever got into in the NHL was against Dale Hunter. Not physically imposing with his size, the 5-foot-10, 200-pound Hunter made up for it with his fists and the way he played hockey.