- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
Latest Oprah Winfrey Items
Now, President Obama can nominate the Three Stooges to the federal bench if he wants, and get away with it.
The race card has been played so often over the five years of the Obama administration that it's fraying at the edges. We haven't seen and heard it played quite so often lately as Obamacare crashed and burned. Everyone feels the same pain. But Oprah Winfrey, the billionaire black diva from Chicago, is trying to preserve it. She explained to an interviewer for the BBC the other day how she thinks the opposition to the president's radical politics works. "There's a level of disrespect for the office that occurs," Miss Winfrey said, "and that occurs, in some cases, and maybe even many cases, because he's African-American."
Oprah Winfrey downright refused an invitation to the White House and the opportunity to join a host of celebrities to sell Obamacare over the summer, sources told the New York Post.
Back in the summer, few in New Jersey raised an eyebrow when the police commissioner in Newark reporting to Mayor Cory A. Booker suddenly imposed a policy refusing to assist federal officials trying to deport illegal immigrants.
Twenty-one years ago, Oprah Winfrey was engaged to marry Stedman Graham. The marriage never materialized, and even though the two remain together today, Oprah says marriage is not in her future.
A middle school in Hudson, Wis., set off a firestorm among parents after showing a 2009 pro-President Obama video that included celebrities pledging service to the Democratic leader.
One of the founding principles of our great republic is stated in the first line, second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal " The idea of equality governs our interactions and expectations.
Thousands of people gathered to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech in Washington on Wednesday, but the historic event was missing the country's only black senator.
The sole security checkpoint set up for the public to gain access to Wednesday's event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington was bottlenecked early, with frustrated crowds angrily chanting to be admitted and reports of people fainting from the heat.